Google announced they have a new AdWords policy around ticket resellers. Specifically they now “require all event ticket resellers to be certified and to radically increase their transparency.” Google laid out these specific requirements:
- Not imply that they are a primary marketplace
- Prominently disclose themselves as a ticket reseller/secondary marketplace
- Prominently disclose that prices may be above face value
- Provide the total and breakup of the price across fees and taxes before requiring payment information
- Prominently provide the face value of the tickets being sold in the same currency (this will be required starting in March 2018)
I never go to see entertainment, so I have no frame of reference as a searcher if this was a big deal but I guess it was.
Forum discussion at Twitter.