This week in search I covered some search algorithm rumblings. Google’s Danny Sullivan wrote a comprehensive explanation of featured snippets. I explained the confusion around ranking versus indexing. Some SEOs are aligning their content around searcher intent. Google explained what you can do when you max out your disavow file. Google said you can try to rank for different keywords on the same page. Googleâs algorithms donât try to figure out reading levels. Google said they skip the content on the non-canonical page. Google Search Console is sending out fix it emails. Google Search Console has a survey where you can tell them which reports you want added in. Google AdWords added insights cards to the overview page. Google My Business lets restaurants now add or edit their menus. Google is testing a local news feature named Google Bulletin. Google doesnât want you to use the term AMP in certain ways. Google Dance will happen in Tokyo but what about at their home at the GooglePlex. Google made a new Twitter account named SearchLiaison. I hung out with Danny Sullivan last night at Google NYC and spoke to engineers about SEO topics. We also honored this week Ian Lurie, Melanie Mitchell, Greg Finn, Susan Wenograd and Simon Heseltine. That was this past week in search at the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- More Google Search Algorithm Updates Going On Now?
- Google Gives Details On Featured Snippets & What New Snippets May Come
- Ranking Vs Indexing: The Google SEO Confusion
- Ranking In Google By Aligning Content Around Searcher Intent
- What To Do When Your Google Disavow List Is Maxed Out
- Google: You Can Target & Rank For Two Keywords On A Single Page
- Google: Our Search Algorithms Don’t Try To Figure Out Reading Levels
- PSA: Google Doesn’t Use Content On Non-Canonical Pages
- Google Search Console Issues & Validating Email Notifications
- Google Search Console Team Wants To Know Which Reports You Are Missing Most
- Google AdWords Adds Insight Cards For Impression Shifts & Changes
- Google My Business Lets Restaurants Add & Edit Menus
- Google Bulletin – Testing Hyper Local Stories & News
- Google: Do Not Say AMPlify, AMP’d Or AMPed For Google AMP
- Google Dance Happening In Tokyo, What About At The GooglePlex?
- New Google Search Liaison Twitter Account From Danny Sullivan
- Together Again: Danny Sullivan & Barry Schwartz (That’s Me) At Google NYC
- Ian Lurie – The Search Community Honors You
- Melanie Mitchell – The Search Community Honors You
- Greg Finn – The Search Community Honors You
- Susan Wenograd – The Search Community Honors You
- Simon Heseltine – The Search Community Honors You