Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
More Google Search Algorithm Updates Going On Now?
Over the past several days, people have been moaning about ranking and organic search changes in the SEO communities. The most public one is WebmasterWorld, but the overall “chatter,” as I like to call it…
Google Bulletin – Testing Hyper Local Stories & News
Hyper local news and stories is nothing new, there have been many platforms that tried it out or are currently live that try to bring really local news stories more…
Google Won’t Tell You Who Jesus or Muhammad Are Out Of Respect
Before the weekend the internet began questioning why Google Home, Google Assistant or Google search would not give you the answer to [who is jesus]…
New Google Search Liaison Twitter Account From Danny Sullivan
Danny Sullivan, now at Google, is Google’s Search Liaison and has created a new Twitter account @searchliaison for official Google communication explaining how Google works…
Google Search Console Team Wants To Know Which Reports You Are Missing Most
We have been covering the Google Search Console a lot since the roll out of the new beta version. The theme I keep seeing come up time and time again is that the new version is missing too many reports, which doesn’t make it worthwhile using.
Google Tests White Local Knowledge Panel Design
Google is testing yet another variation of the local knowledge panel, this one is making the blue background color – white. Sergey Alakov posted about it on Twitter and shared screen shots of the white look…
Simon Heseltine – The Search Community Honors You
This is part of the say something nice about an SEO/SEM series – feel free to nominate someone over here.
Simon Heseltine, 46 years old, lives in Norfolk…
New Googlers Still Get Pinwheels
About five years ago, we showed a picture of the “welcome Noogler” pinwheel that Google gives new Googlers when they join the Google team. Well, they are still giving out those pinwheels to Nooglers.
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- Really good example of why “topics > keywords” matters for SEO. My post owns the featured snippet and the one spot – but I have zero coverage on the people also ask boxes:… https://t.co/zwZqtukuwi, John-Henry Scherck on Twitter
- Twitter Using Neural Networks for Smart Auto-Cropping of Image, WebmasterWorld
- 1099 tax form questions?, Google AdSense Help
- Google is testing urls above titles in search results and ads. There was a similar test about a year ago. cc:@rustybrick… https://t.co/z58outyjTQ, Sergey Alakov on Twitter
- Month and a half and zero results from PBN, BlackHatWorld