Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
Google Confirms Search Ranking Updates But Calls Them Minor & Many
That update we’ve been tracking for over a week that I nicknamed the Maccabees Update, well, Google somewhat confirmed it…
Report: Google Overtakes Facebook In Referral Traffic
A week or so ago, a report came out via Recode that Facebook is no longer the top site for referral traffic, Google has overtaken them to reclaim that as the top site in that category again.
Google: Progressive Web Apps (PWAs) Have No Advantage In Search
A Google Webmaster Help thread has someone saying that his vendor is pitching him on making a PWA, progressive web app, for his web site, over responsive because Google prefers PWAs and will thus rank them better…
Google: IPv6 & HTTP/2 Works But You Should Also Support IPv4 & HTTP/1.x
Google’s John Mueller said Google can handle sites on IPv6 & HTTP/2 all just fine with Google web search. But John also recommends that the set up also supports the older infrastructure, IPv4 & HTTP/1…
Mary & Dave Davies – The Search Community Honors You
This is part of the say something nice about an SEO/SEM series – feel free to nominate someone over here.
Mary & Dave Davies, our first couple nomination, live together in Victoria, BC…
Google Gantt Chart – Not Of Algorithm Updates
Here is a Googler sharing a gantt chart, a timeline of projects they plan to roll out, on Instagram. Sadly, I doubt this is any timeline around search algorithms, updates or features. The person who
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- New Facial Recognition Tools Now Alerts Users When Their Face is Uploaded to Facebook, WebmasterWorld
- Wow, let’s see how long it takes for this featured snippet to be removed or changed. 🙂 And notice how @wordstream’s image is being used! Ma… https://t.co/937FGocS73″, Glenn Gabe on Twitter
- If you have more questions about security, here are a few more resources that…, Google+ – Google Webmasters
- Interested in learning more about the new AdWords experience? Check out our trainings on Academy for Ads. https://t.co/rk4E1mWLUy, Google AdWords on Twitter
- Tracking Google’s switch to the mobile-first index by monitoring your site’s server logs and tips for preparing: https://t.co/AYkyC6F77T, Keylime Toolbox on Twitter
- Twitter Now Allows Two-Factor Authentication Via Third Party, WebmasterWorld