Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
A site migration SEO checklist: Don’t lose traffic
Nov 22, 2017 by Pratik Dholakiya
Planning a site migration? Columnist Pratik Dholakiya’s helpful guide will ensure that you cover all the SEO bases to make the transition as smooth as possible.
How to keep your staging or development site out of the index
Nov 22, 2017 by Patrick Stox
You generally wouldn’t want your staging site appearing in search results, so how can you prevent Google from indexing this content? Columnist Patrick Stox offers some tips.
Google’s new #SmallThanks Hub automatically creates digital & printed marketing assets for SMBs
Nov 21, 2017 by Amy Gesenhues
Using content pulled from Google reviews, businesses with verified Google listings can create posters, social media posts, window clings, stickers and more.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Peloton & Mizzen+Main share their online retail strategies for Black Friday & Cyber Monday
- [Reminder] Customer Experience in the Age of Social Media
- Extending the promotional power of packaging: Technology as the new frontier
- What you need to know about Facebook’s new ad transparency
- Sensory’s new Fujitsu partnership means your face could become a lot more valuable to enterprises
- Amobee launches an Inventory Accountability Program
- Google’s new #SmallThanks Hub automatically creates digital & printed marketing assets for SMBs
- Why consistent marketing can pay big results for small industrial manufacturers
- Is the featured snippet bubble bursting?
Search News From Around The Web:
- GoogleBot Crawls Tall, With 9000px High Viewport?, Search Engine Roundtable
- More travelers say TripAdvisor blocked warnings of rape, injuries, jsonline.com
- How to Fake Your Location to Check Google Rankings, Bill Hartzer
- How to Make Paid Search & Social Media Marketing Work Together, WordStream
- My SEO & Google World Is Upside Down, Search Engine Roundtable
- Outbound Links and Language Data lands in the Historic Index, Majestic Blog
- Yandex Turbo Pages for Publishers Announced today, Russian Search Marketing
The post SearchCap: Google printed materials, SEO migrations & development servers appeared first on Search Engine Land.