Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
Removal of hotel review reporting rape creates crisis of confidence for TripAdvisor content
Nov 9, 2017 by Greg Sterling
The site had scrubbed first-person reviews and content about rape and sexual assault at a Mexican resort.
Four key holiday paid search trends to keep an eye on
Nov 9, 2017 by Andy Taylor
Columnist Andy Taylor shares data that can help predict trends in the e-commerce and retail space this holiday season. Advertisers, take note!
Choosing a call analytics platform
Nov 9, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
Thanks to the ubiquity of the smartphone, phone calls are finally getting the respect they deserve as an integral part of the customer journey. Mobile calls now account for 60 percent of inbound calls to businesses, according to BIA/Kelsey, which projects that the number of mobile calls to businesses will climb to 170 billion in […]
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- 5 surprising paid-search insights to help you win the holidays
- Amazon to launch pop-up stores in specific Whole Foods markets
- The cozy life of the mobile ad fraudster and how legit marketers can disrupt it
- Local SEO: Driving customer actions for enterprise-level brands
- Unlock the power of 1st and 3rd party data
- Facebook announces ‘Community Boost’ local training sessions for SMBs and workers
- 15 ways to ride the audience wave
- Startup Mobius Network launches ‘Stripe-like’ API for blockchain access
- Janrain to Gigya customers: Come aboard
- Report: Mobile users start with social apps, then move on to browsers and search
- Pew Research Center says 45% of Americans get their news from Facebook
Search News From Around The Web:
- Help save time with Search and Budget Opportunities within Bing Ads app, Bing Ads Blog
- Brett Tabke Buys WebmasterWorld Back After 5 Years, Search Engine Roundtable
- Explore the improved Opportunities Tab for more campaign recommendations, Bing Ads Blog
- Google Is Not Moving Sites To The Mobile First Index That Are Not Ready, Search Engine Roundtable
- How To Use Google Keyword Planner, PPC Hero
- The 8 Best Tools for Finding Competitor Keywords, WordStream
- US Search Awards 2017: Tasting the Victory as “The Best SEO Software Suite”, SEM Rush
The post SearchCap: TripAvisor labels risky hotels, paid search trends & more appeared first on Search Engine Land.