Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
November 2017 Google Webmaster Report
I’d say the past month was a time where Google ramped up their testing of the mobile first index. In fact, they already rolled it out for a few sites they said. So we have a lot more around that below…
Google AdWords Now Allows Bidding On Emojis?
Google AdWords has policies against using emojis in your ad copy, in fact, it has been a struggle for them to block it. But now Dan Perach shared a screen shot of Google AdWords allowing him to bid on the rose ð¹ emoji for money.
Google Rounded Search Results Design Interface Tests Continues
For the past couple years Google has been testing different user interfaces around rounded corners and edges for the mobile search results.
Well, Google has kept up on testing them…
Google Internal Search Conference For Googlers
Did you know Google holds internal search conferences for Google employees…
Day Of The Dead Mexican Holiday Gets Google USA Logo Again
Today on the Google home page in the US and some other countries is a special Google logo, Doodle, for the Day of the Dead holiday. It is a day to remember lost family and friends who have passed away…
Spooky Halloween Costumes: Google Algorithm Updates Costumes
There is probably nothing more scary for an SEO than a Google algorithmic update. Here is an SEO team at a company all dressed up like various Google algorithm updates. Ryan Purtill shared the photo
Other Great Search Forum Threads:
- November 2017 AdSense Earnings & Observations, WebmasterWorld
- @sandeepmalviy @Davidkaufmann16 @JohnMu Of course! When using hreflang, the content should be equivalent, but doesn’t need to be exactly the same., Google Webmasters on Twitter
- @shahinAnSEO @JohnMu @methode Those don’t sound like natural links that other people use to recommend your content. https://t.co/7unpjHaIq9, Google Webmasters on Twitter
- @spammack @googlewmc Usually you’d be linking to your separate language versions anyway, so some of that will happen naturally anyway., John Mueller on Twitter
- @spammack @JohnMu You focus too much on PageRank :). It tells Google pages are equivalent across languages, it’s not a replacement for a link. https://t.co/HyVSMfQ9XV, John Mueller on Twitter
- Calculating CTR averages using Google Search Console https://t.co/ED5Twb7CWK We already did *most* of this, so super useful from @dejanseo https://t.co/D0k5lWvWmw, Stephen Kenwright on Twitter
- Google Drops Access to Travel API – Affects Expedia & Orbitz, WebmasterWorld
- New Googlebot locations in South Asia and Hong Kong, WebmasterWorld
- Non-Google Popularity Building Helps Google SEO?, WebmasterWorld
- Open role on my team at Google (Bay Area + NYC) working to help partners launch #PWA s, #AMP s and other fun #webtech. DM for more details!, Cheney Tsai on Twitter