Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
Microsoft search revenue grew 15% last quarter, after hovering around 10% previous 4 quarters
Oct 30, 2017 by Ginny Marvin
LinkedIn sessions increased again by more than 20 percent.
How to ensure your external PPC account audit isn’t a waste of time
Oct 30, 2017 by Pauline Jakober
Everyone loves a free PPC audit, but columnist Pauline Jakober warns that your auditing agency needs to understand your business goals and context in order to provide you with valuable insights.
13 outdated SEO tactics that should terrify you
Oct 30, 2017 by Jeremy Knauff
In the spirit of Halloween, columnist Jeremy Knauff shares some frighteningly outdated SEO tactics that simply won’t die!
Rothy’s uses Twitter Ads to drive brand awareness
Oct 30, 2017 by Sponsored Content: Twitter Business
Creating an impactful social strategy can be a difficult task. How do you ensure your content is on brand? How can you leverage social to drive brand awareness? One brand that stands out with their engaging Tweets and impactful Twitter Ads is sustainable fashion start-up @rothys. We chatted with their marketing team to learn about […]
Amazon Q3 ad revenues surpass $1 billion, up roughly 2x from early 2016
Oct 27, 2017 by Greg Sterling
Amazon’s CFO said that advertising revenue is growing “very quickly.”
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- How emerging technologies will affect your business in 2018
- Local SEO for service-area businesses requires a lot of servicing
- Audi campaign on UK digital billboards tracks traffic and weather
- Kochava expands into blockchain for ad insertion orders
- What you can learn from a bad email
- Facebook’s dynamic creative can generate up to 6,250 versions of an ad
- Rothy’s uses Twitter Ads to drive brand awareness
Search News From Around The Web:
- Improve Your Keyword Research and Targeting with “Keywords by Site” Data in SEO Tools – Moz, moz.com
- We need to write for robots until they read like people, State of Digital
- Google and YouTube Video Ranking: Why They Differ So Much, Stone Temple
- Google: Using Keywords for Internal Anchor Text in Content, The SEM Post
- High-speed keyword research, Yoast
- How to 3X AdWords Conversion Rates Without Touching AdWords, WordStream
- How to Recover from Google Algorithm Updates, SEO Theory
- New: Google Compliant Rank Tracking for all PRO users, Majestic Blog
- SEO, Gerald Weber Suddenly Passed Away At Age 44, Search Engine Roundtable
- Using Excel Pivot Tables for SEO analysis, Branded3
The post SearchCap: Bing Ads grows, Amazon ad revenues & PPC audits appeared first on Search Engine Land.