This week in search, I think Google has really started the process of deploying the Mobile First Indexing. Danny Sullivan told us Google has internal Ranking Fairs, where engineers show of future Google search changes. Google has the same ranking algorithm for the top ten results that they do for the other results. Google says the change of address tool is unnecessary for HTTPS migrations. Google said disabling right click or copying wonât impact your search rankings. Google said you should avoid changing image URLs. Google is testing a new interface for Sitelinks on desktop. Google Posts can now be automated with the Google My Business API. Google AdWords launched their new design to all. Google Shopping Ads tests a new ad pop up overlay. Google AdWords added a new days to conversion report. Google AdWords is rolling out parallel tracking now. Bing Ads redesigned their overview tab and it is neat. Eric Ward, aka Link Moses, has passed away and the community is shocked. I want you all to try to submit a story or two of someone in the industry that has helped you – say something nice about an SEO/SEM, please. That was this past week at the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- Google Has Started The Mobile First Indexing, For Some Sites At Least
- Google Ranking Fair: Where Google Engineers Show Off Future Search Changes
- Google Ranking Algorithm Same For Top Ten Results As Top Hundred Results
- Google Says Change Of Address Tool Unnecessary For HTTPS Migrations
- Google May Stop Crawling Old AJAX Scheme With Escape Fragment URLs Soon
- Google: Disabling Right Click & Content Selection Doesn’t Impact SEO
- Google: Avoid Changing Images URLs
- Google Tests New Desktop Sitelinks Format
- Google My Business API Supports Google Posts
- Google Tests Local Q&A Feature On Desktop Search Results
- New Google AdWords Design & Features Now Available To All
- Google Shopping Ads Tests Popup Overlay In Search
- Google AdWords New Days To Conversion Report
- Google AdWords Rolling Out Support For Parallel Tracking
- Bing Ads Overview Tab Redesign
- The Search Community Lost The Father Of Link Building, Eric Ward, aka Link Moses
- Say Something Nice About An SEO/SEM
This post was scheduled to go live today but was written earlier – I am currently offline today.