This week in search I cover the big monthly Google webmaster report. Google has dropped the first click free program for a new flexible sampling program. Google confirmed they are testing the mobile first index in the wild. Google said they may message webmasters with mobile first indexing issues. Google said they are not done with talking about algorithm updates. Google is now showing 10 autocomplete suggestions again. Google is testing a blue instant label in search. Googleâs sitelinks search box is now back. Google said if you have AMP and desktop but no mobile page, Google will index the desktop version. Google said the status quo on how they use meta data from images. Googleâs crawl stats report includes all crawls from all GoogleBots, even adbot. Google said grammar does not impact your rankings. Bing denied that links are becoming less of an important ranking signal. Google is testing another variation of search refinements. Google AdWords has blocked several rehab addiction keywords. Bing Ads now supports offline conversion imports. I posted this video when I was offline, which means everything youâve seen from me the past two days was prescheduled. That was this week in search at the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- Programming Note: Offline For Sukkot
- October 2017 Google Webmaster Report
- Google Replaces First Click Free Program With Flexible Sampling: Metering & Lead-In
- Should Google Label Content Served Through Flexible Sampling?
- Google Testing Mobile First Index In The Wild
- Google May Message Webmasters With Mobile First Indexing Issues
- Google Says They Are Not Done Announcing Future Algorithms
- Google Autocomplete Showing 10 Suggestions Again
- Google Tests Blue Instant AMP Label In Search
- Google Sitelinks Search Box Is Back
- Google: Got AMP & Desktop But No Mobile Page? Google Will Index The Desktop Page.
- Google: No Changes On Use Of Image Meta Data In Search
- Google Crawl Stats Report Includes HTML, Images, PDFs & Even AdBot Crawler
- Google: Grammar Does Not Impact SEO & Search Rankings
- Bing Not Demoting Importance Of Links For Search Rankings
- Google Tests Another Variation Of Topics Refinements
- Google AdWords Restricts Addiction Rehab Ads Over Abuse
- Bing Ads Offline Conversion Imports
This post was scheduled to go live today but was written earlier – I am currently offline today.