This week in search I published our monthly Google webmaster report. There may be a big Google search algorithm shift happening today, carrying over from earlier this week. Google also may have updated their local ranking algorithms on August 22nd. Google has opened up the Search Console beta to more testers, we shared some more screen shots. Google tells tool makers to build mobile to desktop comparison tool.s Google is now showing featured snippets linking to AMP pages. Google AdWords is going to roll out AMP landing pages. Publishers are teasing AMP content that links to the mobile version. Google said they ignore tons of links but which ones are impossible for you to know. Google said their number one ranking factor is awesomeness. Google said just because you are not spamming, it doesnât mean you should rank well. Google +1s were never a ranking factor. Google said big sites donât rank better. Google said not being in the cache is not a low quality signal. Google is updating their SEO starter guide after seven years. Google featured snippets is testing query expansion refinements. Google app links now show mobile site alternative buttons. Google now lets businesses edit their local listings directly in search. Google Hotel search shows carousels for room types. Google Analytics now updated a code change to better track your AMP vs non-AMP pages. That was this week in search at the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- September 2017 Google Webmaster Report
- Google Search Algorithm Update Today
- Google Search Ranking & Algorithm Update Underway? Chatter…
- Google Local Algorithm Update August 22, 2017: Possum Updated?
- Google Opens Up The New Google Search Console To More Testers
- More Screen Shots: Google Search Console Beta & Indexed, Low Interest Filter
- Google: Build Desktop To Mobile Friendly Comparison Tool
- AMP Powers Google Featured Snippets On Mobile
- Google AdWords To Roll Out AMP Landing Pages
- Publishers Implement AMP Teaser To Lead To “Full Experience” Page
- Google: We Ignore Tons Of Links But Which Links Is Almost Impossible To Figure Out
- Google: Number One Search Ranking Factor Is Awesomeness
- Google: Just Because You’re Not Spamming, Doesn’t Mean You Should Rank #1
- Google +1s Was A Ranking Factor? I Doubt It.
- Google: We Don’t Rank Big Or Large Sites Better
- Google: Not In The Cache? Doesn’t Mean Your Pages Are Low Quality
- Google Is Updating Their SEO Starter Guide For Mobile & More
- Google Featured Snippets Tests Related Query Refinements
- Google Mobile Search App Links Offers Open Web Page Button
- Google Officially Launches Editing Local Business Info In Search Results
- Google Hotel Search Results With Select Room Carousel
- Google Analytics Better Tracks AMP Pages With AMP Client ID API