Here is a recap of what happened in the search forums today, through the eyes of the Search Engine Roundtable and other search forums on the web.
Search Engine Roundtable Stories:
Search Buzz Video Recap: Google Panda Changes, Local Pack Shows Content & Forbes, Inc & Others Nofollow Links
This week in search I covered how Google said Panda has changed a lot since it first launched. Googleâs local pack is now showing query matches on web site content, which is interesting. Forbes…
Google Kills Preferred Site Name Schema Markup
It looks like Google has removed one of their previously documented structured data markups from their developer docs. Specifically, they have removed the Preferred Site Name option, it now 404s when you try to access it, but for now…
Google: Duplicate Content Elimination
There is a number of interesting questions and answers around how Google handles removing or hiding or filtering duplicate content from the search results…
Hey Google. I Want Vegetables That Start With A, Not C!
Google, you got it wrong! I want [vegetables that start with a] not [vegetables that start with c] so why when I ask for A are you giving me C?
Google: Noopener & Noreferrer Attributes Don’t Hurt Your Search Rankings
Dawn Anderson asked Google’s John Mueller if using the noreferrer or noopener attributes can hurt your Google rankings and SEO. The answer John responded with was “nope.” So there you have it…
Nooglers First Day At Google’s European HQ
Here is a photo I spotted on Instagram from the Google European headquarters where a bunch of Nooglers, new Googlers, are celebrating their first week at Google. Yes, they have to wear those crazy hat
- @CentaurMktg There’s no guaranteed ranking, just because it was there before, doesn’t mean it’ll always be there. Things can always change., twitter.com
- @canonicalizedco Why not create cached pages for everyone, no need to prioritize for Googlebot., John Mueller on Twitter
- @Goran_Majic So that’s a way of recognizing high-quality & relevant content? Why not just create content like that to “optimize the system”? 🙂, John Mueller on Twitter
- @vladrpt I don’t disavow any links on my domain. I have better things to do, Gary Illyes on Twitter
- New Desktop Design – FAQs, YouTube Help
- Embarrassingly all our clients websites are showing our own metadata description!, Google Webmaster Help
Other Great Search Forum Threads: