This week, the big news is that Google killed off their Google Instant Search feature. Google was caught testing auto-playing videos in the search results. I ran a poll asking if Black Hat SEO is dying. Google said sticky footers are okay to deploy. Google is rolling out a new sitelinks user interface in the organic results. AdWords is testing new sitelinks design also. Bing now supports ClaimReview markup, to power fact labels in search. Google has new documentation on how to remove your AMP content in search. Google is showing AMP more internationally now. Google is testing a new design for image search. Google is testing question and answer sections in the local panel. Google is testing a âsee more resultsâ button that dynamically loads results. HTTPS is likely to show up more often in Googleâs search results. Google Hotel search added a filter for vacation rentals. Google Maps is testing a toggle button in the search results. Google added a search box to the dictionary results. Google AdWords now lets you do bid adjustments for click to call ads. Google mistaken Tom Brady as the owner of the New York Jets. Is the SEO Industry doomed? And congrats to Michelle Robbins and Ginny Marvin at Search Engine Land. That was this past week in search at the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- Goodbye Google Instant Search
- OMG: Google Tests Auto-Playing Videos In Search Results
- Poll: Is Black Hat SEO Dying?
- Google: Sticky Footers Are Okay; Within Webmaster Guidelines
- Google Now Rolling Out Carousel Based Sitelinks
- Google AdWords Tests New Sitelinks Design
- Bing Supports ClaimReview For Fact Checking Markup
- Google Docs On Removing AMP Content From Search
- Google Pushes AMP Growth Internationally
- Google Tests New Design For Image Search Results
- Google Local Panel Tests Questions & Answers Box
- Google Tests “See More Results” Button Instead Of “Next” Button
- RankRanger: 99% Of Google’s Page One Results Have At Least One HTTPS Result
- Google Hotel Search Supports Vacation Rentals
- Google Tests Map View & List View Button In Local Search
- Google Adds A Search Box To Dictionary Results & Past Searches
- Google AdWords Call Bid Adjustments Lets You Bid More For Phone Calls
- Google Mistakes Tom Brady As The Owner Of The NY Jets
- Is The SEO Industry Doomed With So Many Departures Recently?
- Michelle Robbins & Ginny Marvin: Search Engine Land’s New Leads