Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
Wimbledon championship Google doodle marks 140th anniversary of world’s oldest tennis tournament
Jul 3, 2017 by Amy Gesenhues
The animated image, designed by Gerben Steenks, leads to a search for Wimbledon championship.
The biggest trends & changes in PPC so far in 2017
Jul 3, 2017 by Ginny Marvin
From new products to ads updates to targeting changes, here’s a look at the paid search changes that mattered most.
How to determine if that ‘free audit’ solicitation email is legit
Jul 3, 2017 by Dianna Huff
It can be tough to determine if a ‘no obligation’ audit email is legitimate. Thankfully, columnist Dianne Huff shows how you can identify scams — and how to get basic website audit information for free.
More content, less traffic: Part II
Jul 3, 2017 by Conrad Saam
Trying to determine whether it’s worth your time to invest in ever more website content? Columnist Conrad Saam lays out a framework to help you decide.
Dex Media acquires YP Holdings to expand its SMB marketing automation platform
Jul 3, 2017 by Matt McGee
New company, to be called DexYP, says it will keep YP.com local search directory alive.
Want To Speak At SMX East? Here’s How
Jul 3, 2017 by Chris Sherman
The agenda for our upcoming SMX East show is live and we’ve opened up our “speaking pitch” form for select sessions for the show, taking place on October 24 – 26 at Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in New York City. To increase the odds of being selected, be sure to read the agenda. Understand […]
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- A winning process yields winning results: Conversion optimization tips from SMX Advanced
- Imagining the possibilities of marketing and artificial intelligence
- Social media automation: Oxymoron or godsend?
- What’s the future of modern commerce? Or, why did Amazon buy Whole Foods?
- How to inject urgency into your product pages
- AppsFlyer makes its attribution data more transparent
- How video ad quality affects campaign performance on Facebook
Search News From Around The Web:
- Yelp’s Six-Year Grudge Against Google, New York Times
- Google San Jose site: Vote for a name, Mercury News
- Potential Impact Of EU Antitrust Rulings On Google’s Valuation, Seeking Alpha
Local & Maps
- Currently No Way To Schedule Or Automate Google Posts, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Can Rank Pages Even When The Query Isn’t Present On The Page, Search Engine Roundtable
- How to Create a Link-Building Strategy from Scratch, quicksprout.com
- How to sort Google search results by date, SearchReSearch
- Learn SEO Through Forums, SEO By The Sea
- Collecting Data On Google’s June 25th Algorithm Update, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Reclassifies Safe Search Filter On URL By URL Basis, Search Engine Roundtable
SEM / Paid Search
- How To Utilize PPC Brand Building Strategies, PPC Hero
- PPC Excel Shortcuts You’ll Never Want to Forget, PPC Hero
- The 25 Most Expensive Keywords in Australia, WordStream
The post SearchCap: YP acquired, PPC trends & tennis Doodle appeared first on Search Engine Land.