Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
Google News gets a cleaner look, new features to make it ‘more accessible’
Jun 27, 2017 by Greg Sterling
The new design is simpler to use, more visually appealing and offers more content and context.
Study argues Google Home 6X ‘more effective’ than Alexa, but will consumers care?
Jun 28, 2017 by Greg Sterling
Amazon’s assets, including distribution, brand loyalty, aggressive pricing and a more diverse product mix could trump Google Home’s better performance.
Google updates its mobile Test My Site tool with more competitive analysis
Jun 28, 2017 by Barry Schwartz
Google’s site speed tool now compares your site to your competitors’ and tells you how many visitors your site is losing because of your load time.
Spotted in AdWords: Check a box and automatically create a headline test
Jun 28, 2017 by Ginny Marvin
A new option serves up an easy ad-testing scenario.
Surviving and thriving at an SEO conference
Jun 28, 2017 by Dave Davies
Hitting the search conference circuit this year? Columnist Dave Davies has tips and advice for making the most of the experience.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Google My Business website builder SEO review
- The SEO benefits of developing a solid site structure
- An intervention on marketing’s dysfunctional relationship with data
- [FIRST LOOK] MarTech agenda is live!
- Facebook’s Messenger officially debuts Discover tab to highlight chatbots, businesses
- How to generate B2B leads with LinkedIn’s Sponsored InMail
- SugarCRM launches first product to help provide a ‘full view of customer’
- Singular merges with Apsalar to form ‘unified analytics platform’ for mobile
- 10 questions to ask when considering marketing automation software
Search News From Around The Web:
- Danny Sullivan Was My Life Line, Literally, creativevisionwebconsulting.com
- Ends, Means, and Antitrust, Stratechery by Ben Thompson
Local & Maps
- Apple enables Maps Transit directions in Madrid, appleinsider.com
- Top 10 Ways Local Business Owners Botch the All-Important Homepage, and How You Can Get Yours Right, LocalVisibilitySystem.com
- Answer: Seeing things?, SearchReSearch
- Googlers Submit 20-50 Search Result Feedback Forms Per Day, Search Engine Roundtable
- 3 Important Ways Social Media Can Boost Your SEO, Online Marketing Blog
- Explaining Google’s Latest Algorithm Update – June 2017, RankRanger
- Google Says Use 301 Redirects When You Have A One To One Replacement, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Won’t Confirm The June 25th Update, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google’s Algorithm Does Not Look At Google Analytics Data, Search Engine Roundtable
- SEO basics: What are rich snippets?, Yoast
- What Google’s Mobile-First Initiative Means for Your Business (Ep. 98), WireBuzz
SEM / Paid Search
- Linking AdWords and Analytics in Different Accounts, Hallam Internet
- Why You Need To Be Applying Negative Bid Modifiers, PPC Hero
The post SearchCap: Google News redesign, AdWords tests headlines & speed tool upgrade appeared first on Search Engine Land.