This week in search, I covered a potential Google search algorithm update that I doubt Google will confirm as they said they will only confirm really big updates. Google said if you think you were hit by the Fred update, check the quality section of their guidelines. Google said they wonât be releasing featured snippets analytics because of politics in Google but they are working on voice search analytics. Google said buying links is like throwing money out of the window. Googleâs mobile first index is some time away. Google said they may use some desktop signals in their mobile first index. Google said they are rewriting their page speed algorithm for mobile. Google said there are no new machine learning things in search now. Google said their quality algorithms donât use machine learning in a targeting way. Google said they have a two pronged approach to search spam, ignore vs penalize. Google did roll out their mobile interstitial penalty. Google said there are no changes with the HTTPS ranking boost. Google explained what near duplicate content is. Google said there is an opportunity for SEO in other non-US English language. Google is testing hotel pricing sliders with hotel count graph. Googleâs website builder tool is live in Google My Business. Google launched new featured for Gboard for Android. That was this past week in search at the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- Was There A Small Google Algorithms Update This Week?
- Google: We Will Communicate About Major Search Algorithm Updates
- Google’s Gary Illyes: Hit By Fred? Read Our Quality Guidelines To Recover.
- Google: We Can’t Release Featured Snippets Analytics Due To Internal Politics
- Google: We Will Bring Voice Search Analytics To Webmasters
- Google: Buying Links Is Like Throwing Money Out The Window
- Google: Mobile-First Index Many Quarters Away, Sometime In 2018
- Google: We May Smear Desktop Signals Into Mobile First Index
- Google: We Are Rewriting Our Page Speed Algorithm For Mobile
- Google: No New Machine Learning Algorithms Coming To Search Soon
- Google: Our Quality Algorithms Don’t Use Machine Learning In A Targeted Way
- Google’s Two Pronged Approach To Search Spam: Ignore vs Penalize
- Google Confirmed The Mobile Interstitial Penalty Did Roll Out
- Google: Status Quo With Google’s HTTPS Ranking Boost
- Google Explains What Near Duplicate Content Is
- Google Opportunity: Produce Content In Non English Languages
- Test: Google Hotel Price Slider With Hotel Price Graph
- Officially Live: Google My Business Launches Website Builder
- Gboard For Android Update: Draw Emojis, Phrase Suggestions & More Google Results