This week in search I quickly go through the monthly Google webmaster report. I then discuss how someone sent a Googler an email about selling links to them. But Google tells us they ignore links from all types of sites and only penalizes the worst of them. Google said use pop up style DIVs over interstitials for age verification. Google site if your site has one language, donât use hreflang. And the order of your hreflang does not matter to Google. Google said lesser crawl rate doesnât matter. Google doesnât do spring cleaning on their search index. Google has expanded their featured snippets in Europe Google tests more hotel features, like sliders, three tabs, carousel pricing and the number of results. Google launched the tab feature in the local results. Google moved Google Posts to Google My Business. Google reworded other resources to web tools in Search Console. Google keeps testing new black user interfaces. Finally, the SEO Movie trailer is out and it is about our SEO industry. That was this past week in search at the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- June 2017 Google Webmaster Report
- Tip Of The Day: Don’t Sell Links To Googlers
- Google: We Can Ignore Links On Any Site Including Forbes & Entrepreneur
- Google: We Penalizes Egregious Link Manipulation; Otherwise Ignores The Link
- Google: Pop Up Style DIVs Better Than Interstitials
- Google: Site In One Language? No Need To Use hreflang.
- Google: Order Of Language Values In hreflang Doesn’t Matter
- Google: Less Crawl Rate Isn’t Necessarily A Bad Thing
- Google: No Spring Cleaning On The Search Index
- Google Expands Reach Of Featured Snippets In European Regions
- Google Tests Hotel Price Slider & Carousel Price Labels In Search
- Google Hotel Pack Now Shows Number Of Results
- Google Local Panels Now Rolling Out Tab User Interface?
- Google Local Panel Tests Three Tabs: Overview, Rates & Reviews
- Google Posts Now Within Google My Business
- Google Search Console Rewords “Other Resources” To “Web Tools”
- Google Tests A More Colorful Black Search Results Design
- SEO: The Movie – A Movie About Our Industry Coming Soon