Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
Bing Visual Search lets you search specific objects within images
Jun 1, 2017 by Matt McGee
Bing joins Google, Pinterest and others in upgrading its image search capabilities.
Microsoft expands its Bing Rewards loyalty program to the UK
Jun 1, 2017 by Amy Gesenhues
Bing’s incentive program will also launch in France, Germany and Canada soon.
Don’t be tardy! Back-to-school searching starts in July — plan campaigns now
Jun 1, 2017 by Purna Virji
It’s not too early to start planning your back-to-school campaigns. Columnist Purna Virji from Bing suggests some ways to help you win over back-to-school searchers and stay a step ahead of the competition.
Is your information architecture costing your e-commerce web shop millions in lost sales?
Jun 1, 2017 by Trond Lyngbø
Solid information architecture is a key ingredient in any successful SEO program, as it can help or hinder search engine crawlers. Columnist Trond Lyngbø provides tips for e-commerce sites looking to optimize their site structure.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- B2B CMOs and CIOs: It’s time to rethink data management
- Diving into the new SiriusDecisions Demand Unit Waterfall
- Microsoft clones Snapchat’s Stories for its reimagined Skype experience
- The Path to CMO with SAP Ariba’s Alicia Tillman [Podcast]
- Meet Aetna CMO David Edelman at MarTech in Boston
- 5 key e-commerce & retail trends from Mary Meeker’s Internet Trends report
- Salesforce unveils a new Partner Relationship Management application in its Sales Cloud
- TurnTo Networks enters review syndication with ‘first open network’
- Why email marketing has lasted five times longer than your first marriage
- Takeaways for marketers from a conversation with Coke’s chief technologist
- Instagram ads can now link to brands’ Messenger accounts, bots
- Report: Apple’s Siri-powered virtual assistant could be announced next week
- How to build an in-house link building team
Search News From Around The Web:
- Baidu teams up with Bosch and Continental on self-driving tech, TechCrunch
- Exclusive: Google faces hefty EU fine in shopping case by August – sources, Reuters
- Google’s huge new London HQ is a “landscraper” with a rooftop garden, The Verge
Local & Maps
SEM / Paid Search
- AdWords In-Market Audiences Now Available for Search, Clix Marketing PPC Blog
- Google AdWords Shows Seller Ratings After 12 Months Of Data Collection, Search Engine Roundtable
- How to Use Paid Targeting to Align with Your Customer Profiles, Convince and Convert
- Use Similar Audiences for Search to Tap the Upper Funnel, 3Q Digital
- 2 Powerful Google Analytics Metrics That Can Improve Your Search Rankings, Jeff Bullas
- 9 Content Types Search Engines Love, Search Engine People
- Does Social Media Help SEO?, Search Engine Journal
- Gotta Go Fast! The Impact of Page Speed on Your Rankings, Search Influence
- Poll Results: Many SEOs/Webmasters Say They Were Hit By The Google Fred Update, Search Engine Roundtable
- Q&A: TopRank Marketing SEOs Share Tips for Creating Better Content, Top Rank Marketing Blog
- Time Saving Automation: Search Query Edition, PPC Hero
- What Are Your Customers Thinking? Search Secrets Hiding in Plain Sight, Content Marketing Institute
- Yes, SEOs Try To Help Google Rank For Google, Search Engine Roundtable
The post SearchCap: Bing Visual Search, Microsoft expands Bing Rewards to UK & more appeared first on Search Engine Land.