I apologize if it doesn’t seem smooth, I was testing a beta version of the camera software. This week in search, I get into the difference between having links on spammy sites and having unnatural links – they are two different things. Google said 404 spikes in Search Console are normal. Then we discuss how Google attempts 404s but no crawl budget is used up for it and it isnât a bad sign if Google isnât crawling your 404s. Google explains the difference between geotargeting and hreflang. Google said agreeing with them doesnât make you a good SEO, do question them. Google said the Search Console and the API have the same data. Google seems like they wonât release featured snippets in Search Analytics. Google wonât also do more advanced filtering there. Google said adding videos to your pages doesnât improve the quality of your pages. Google added a feature to see upcoming events in mobile search. Google image search on mobile has a new filters user interface. Google AdWords removed the CPC cap in enhanced CPC. Google Merchant Center has an unexpected image processing errors bug. Bing Ads will stop supporting making new standard text ads soon. Google job search feature may be powered by schema. Searchmetrics US filed chapter 11 after a patent dispute. That was this past week in search at the Search Engine Roundtable.
For the original iTunes version, click here.
Search Topics of Discussion:
- Google: There’s A Difference Between Links From Spammy Sites & Unnatural Links
- Google: You Can Get Unnatural Links From Good Sites & Natural Links From Spammy Sites
- See Spikes in 404 Errors In Google Search Console? It’s Normal.
- Google Crawls 404s After Other Pages So No Crawl Budget Is Sacrificed
- Google: Not Trying 404 Pages Isn’t A Sign Of Crawl Issues
- Google: Geotargeting Promotes But Hreflang Does Not Promote A Site/Page
- Google: Agreeing With Us Doesn’t Equal Good SEO; We’re Often Wrong
- Google: The Search Console API Uses Same Data As Web Portal
- Google Search Console API & Web Total Numbers
- Google Not Releasing Featured Snippets Search Analytics Filter?
- Google Search Console Search Analytics Not Getting Advanced Filters Soon
- Google: Adding Videos To Your Pages Doesn’t Help With Rankings
- Google Now Helps You Find Events
- Google Image Search Adds Quick Filters For GIFs, Latest, Clip Art & Colors
- Google AdWords Has Removed The CPC Bid Cap On Enhanced CPC
- Google Merchant Center Bug: Unexpected Image Processing Errors
- Bing Ads To Stop Supporting Creation Of Standard Text Ads On July 31st
- Google Job Search Portal Results Powered By Schema?
- Searchmetrics US Files For Bankruptcy After Brightedge Continued Patent Suit