Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
3 predictions about the future of SEO
May 2, 2017 by Ryan Shelley
What do current trends say about the direction of search, and how can you prepare? Columnist Ryan Shelley shares his predictions for the industry.
New Google pilot tests Shopping ads on the Display Network
May 2, 2017 by Ginny Marvin
Ads will start appearing first on fashion and home design sites.
The great big list of landing page tests to try
May 2, 2017 by Amy Bishop
Sometimes half the battle of conversion optimization is coming up with ideas for things to test. That’s where this post from columnist Amy Bishop comes in!
Don’t miss SMX Advanced this year. Register now & save $400!
May 2, 2017 by Search Engine Land
The 10th edition of SMX Advanced, promises once again to deliver fast-paced, Q&A-packed sessions that don’t stop to cover the basics. Less than 40% of tickets are left and are going fast. Reserve your seat now before prices increase Saturday, May 13. Search continues to evolve rapidly and SMX Advanced sessions put you at the bleeding edge […]
IAC buying Angie’s List, will combine with HomeAdvisor into new public company
May 2, 2017 by Greg Sterling
The two companies will create a home services lead-gen powerhouse.
Time’s up! MarTech is here and it’s your last chance to attend
May 1, 2017 by Search Engine Land
In just one week, the world’s largest independent marketing technology conference designed for senior-level marketers and marketing technology professionals happens at MarTech in San Francisco, May 9-11. The show is programmed with one specific goal: to illuminate successful real-world practices at the intersection of marketing, technology, and management — no matter which software products or analyst frameworks […]
How to Create the Ultimate Marketing Plan
May 1, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
Four out of five B2B buyers start their journey with a web search. Nearly three quarters of the buying process is complete by the time a prospect is ready to engage with your sales team. With customers now in control, how do you create an effective marketing plan that resonates with target audiences? Compelling content, […]
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- Snap Ads Max Reach is Snapchat’s version of the home page takeover
- YouTube invites users to give feedback on its upcoming redesign
- Study: Q1 Google Display Network placements
- How to optimize for voice search
- How martech is working to solve the consumer identity crisis
- Don’t miss SMX Advanced this year. Register now & save $400!
- Google AdSense now allows 300×250 ads above the fold on mobile
- User-generated content: What your brand can learn from Spotify
- About.com changes name to Dotdash to complete year-long rebrand
- Twitter debuts slate of a dozen live shows, 24/7 channels at NewFronts event
- Buyer’s Guide: Content marketing tools
- Time’s up! MarTech is here and it’s your last chance to attend
Search News From Around The Web:
Local & Maps
- Apple Watch support returning to Google Maps ‘in the future,’ Google says, appleinsider.com
- User contributed photos and the new Google Earth, Google Earth Blog
- Are Internal Image Links SEO Friendly? #AskanSEO, Search Engine Journal
- Accidentally Buy A Domain With A Google Penalty Manual Action, Search Engine Roundtable
- Are You Updating Your SEO Strategy Regularly?, Marketing Mojo
- Buy a Domain With a Search Engine Penalty? Do This, Bill Hartzer
- Flowchart: How to Know If You’re at Risk When Google Switches to a Mobile-First Index, BruceClay.com
- Google Ignores & Strips Out Special Characters From Title Tags, Search Engine Roundtable
- Google Says Validation Pretty Much Doesn’t Matter For Ranking, Search Engine Roundtable
- Webmasters Upset With Google Over Featured Snippet Sourcing Different Images, Search Engine Roundtable
- Yoast SEO 4.7: Introducing Italian, Yoast
SEM / Paid Search
- Bing Ads Webcast: Disruptive Marketing to Generation X, Y, and Z, Bing Ads Blog
- Improve Your PPC by Setting Up Bing Dynamic Search Ads, metrictheory.com
The post SearchCap: Google shopping ads test, IAC buys Angie’s List & SEO predictions appeared first on Search Engine Land.